15 Cumberland Homes for Sale
Scroll down to view 15 Cumberland homes currently for sale
Real estate has grown in this quaint village of about 3400 residents that is located to the West of highway 19 and close to the foothills of the Beaufort Mountains and Comox Lake.
Cumberland, BC was founded in 1888 by coal baron Robert Dunsmuir. The settlement was originally named Union after the Union Bay Coal Company but changed to Cumberland in 1898. Many of the streets were named after the English coal-mining district of Cumberland. Cumberland housed an international force of coal miners, including one of the largest Chinese populations in the province. Coal mining ceased in 1966. This village is currently home to about 3000 people and it is located approximately 6 miles West of Courtenay and about 1 mile West of the highway 19. Comox Lake is located about 2 miles West of Cumberland. Mount Washington ski resort is 19 miles West of Cumberland while Strathcona Provincial Park lies further West. The village is nestled in the foothills of the Beaufort Mountain Range and near Comox Lake, a large glacier-fed, dammed lake accessed via Comox Lake road.
Cumberland has a storied and colourful past that began with the coal mining industry. The first miner’s shacks in the area were set up near Comox Lake in 1869. The last mine closed during the 1960s. Today, Cumberland has a charm and eclectic feeling that is not found in other parts of the Comox Valley. Cumberland’s population is about 10 years below the average age of the Comox Valley population. This village has been described as funky and different by some. It is home to a number of interesting shops on its main street. Doughnut aficionados may find some of the best donuts in the Comox Valley here. Cumberland is host to Empire Days in May and the Big Time Out (a multi-venue music festival) late in the summer. The village operates south Comox Lake Park on the southeast corner of Comox Lake. Other parks and hiking trails are close by.
While the type and variety of Cumberland homes for sale is not as extensive as what is offered elsewhere, it nevertheless does offers a variety of more affordable homes. These range from century old homes to homes that are currently under construction near the foothills of the Beaufort Mountains to take advantage of the scenic vistas in this area.
Video of Homes
Map of Village
Map Showing Property Listings
Below the map View Properties 1 - 15 of 15
- 3400 Coniston Cres, Unit 13, Cumberland, BC3400 Coniston Cres, Unit 13 Cumberland BC Canada 49.623594 -125.020595Add to Favorites$274,900Home size: 1,418 sq ftListed with Royal LePage-Comox Valley (CV)
- 2840 Bruce Street, Cumberland, BC2840 Bruce Street Cumberland BC Canada 49.625085 -125.022483Add to Favorites$595,000Home size: 1,840 sq ftLot size: 0.36 acresListed with Royal LePage-Comox Valley (CV)
- 4686 Cumberland Road, Cumberland, BC4686 Cumberland Road Cumberland BC Canada 49.625675 -125.023444Add to Favorites$329,900Home size: 994 sq ftLot size: 0.25 acresListed with Royal LePage-Comox Valley (CV)
- 3011 Royston Road, Cumberland, BC3011 Royston Road Cumberland BC Canada 49.621387 -125.010037Add to Favorites$439,900Home size: 1,620 sq ftLot size: 0.43 acresListed with One Percent Realty Ltd.(Dunc)
- 2719 Maryport Ave, Cumberland, BC2719 Maryport Ave Cumberland BC Canada 49.62064 -125.029188Add to Favorites$549,000Home size: 2,138 sq ftLot size: 3,615 sqftListed with RE/MAX Ocean Pacific Realty (Crtny)
- 2679 Beaufort Ave, Cumberland, BC2679 Beaufort Ave Cumberland BC Canada 49.619886 -125.032203Add to Favorites$1,650,000Home size: 6,418 sq ftLot size: 1.84 acresListed with RE/MAX Ocean Pacific Realty (Crtny)
- 2679 Beaufort Ave, Cumberland, BC2679 Beaufort Ave Cumberland BC Canada 49.619802 -125.032493Add to Favorites$1,650,000Home size: 6,418 sq ftListed with RE/MAX Ocean Pacific Realty (Crtny)
- 2703 Dunsmuir Ave, Cumberland, BC2703 Dunsmuir Ave Cumberland BC Canada 49.618579 -125.030293Add to Favorites$800Listed with Courtenay Comox Realty Ltd.
- 3406 Coniston Cres, Cumberland, BC3406 Coniston Cres Cumberland BC Canada 49.623472 -125.01847Add to Favorites$429,900Home size: 1,390 sq ftLot size: 6,534 sqftListed with RE/MAX Ocean Pacific Realty (Crtny)
- 2537 Kendal Ave, Cumberland, BC2537 Kendal Ave Cumberland BC Canada 49.625029 -125.04261Add to Favorites$419,900Home size: 1,576 sq ftLot size: 6,882 sqftListed with Royal LePage-Comox Valley (CV)
- 3370 Solport Street, Cumberland, BC3370 Solport Street Cumberland BC Canada 49.624195 -125.043855Add to Favorites$519,900Home size: 2,592 sq ftLot size: 6,186 sqftListed with Royal LePage-Comox Valley (CV)
- 2540 Kendal Ave, Cumberland, BC2540 Kendal Ave Cumberland BC Canada 49.625251 -125.043039Add to Favorites$599,900Home size: 3,004 sq ftLot size: 7,854 sqftListed with Royal LePage-Comox Valley (CV)
- 2552 Kendal Ave, Cumberland, BC2552 Kendal Ave Cumberland BC Canada 49.625224 -125.042396Add to Favorites$459,900Home size: 1,595 sq ftLot size: 6,216 sqftListed with Royal LePage-Comox Valley (CV)
- LT A Bevan Road, Cumberland, BCLT A Bevan Road Cumberland BC Canada 49.627976 -125.026774Add to Favorites$3,750,000Lot size: 247 acresListed with Royal LePage-Comox Valley (CV)
- LT A Bevan Road, Cumberland, BCLT A Bevan Road Cumberland BC Canada 49.629671 -125.029993Add to Favorites$3,750,000Listed with Royal LePage-Comox Valley (CV)
Listing Information from sources deemed reliable but should not be relied upon without independent verification. Content Copyright 2017 Vancouver Island Real Estate Board.