7 Royston homes for Sale
Scroll down to view 7 Royston homes currently for sale
This small seaside Comox Valley village is located a few minutes south of Courtenay and across the Comox Harbour from Comox. It is home to about 1200 people and the well-known Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa. There is lots to see and lots of different styles of home in this area.
Royston, BC is a rural seaside village of about 1200 people located across the bay from Comox and approximately 3.5 miles South of Courtenay along highway 19A (also referred to as the Old Island Highway and Oceanside Route) towards Nanaimo. There is a sign erected on the Royston waterfront entitled the Ghost Ships of Royston. According to the Unerwater Archaeological Society of British Columbia, there are at least 14 ships that were sunk, starting in 1936 (and continuing for 25 years) to act as breakwaters for log-booming operations in the Comox Bay across from Royston and the Town of Comox. The ships located near Royston are protected under the provincial Heritage Conservation Act.
Royston was originally known as Roy’s Town and presumed to be named after William Roy who settled here in 1890. Royston was a port for the Comox Valley logging industry back in the early 1900s. Logs arrived here by rail and they were then boomed in the Comox harbour before being towed across the Georgia Strait to the mainland to be processed. Remnants of more than a dozen ships can still be seen offshore (known as the Royston Wrecks) that were used as a breakwater to protect the log booming operations. The Royston real estate market offers a range of properties. Some are found back in off of Highway 19A towards highway 19 while others are tucked away near the highway and the ocean.
Below View Properties 1 - 7 of 7
- Lot size: 0.26 acresListed with One Percent Realty Ltd.(Dunc)
- Lot size: 0.73 acresListed with Royal LePage-Comox Valley (CV)
- Home size: 2,568 sq ftLot size: 1.57 acresListed with RE/MAX Ocean Pacific Realty
- Lot size: 0.32 acresListed with RE/MAX Ocean Pacific Realty (Crtny)
- Home size: 2,994 sq ftLot size: 22.1 acresListed with RE/MAX Ocean Pacific Realty (Crtny)
- Home size: 2,277 sq ftLot size: 0.97 acresListed with Royal LePage-Comox Valley (CV)
- Home size: 2,791 sq ftListed with Royal LePage-Comox Valley (CV)
The above information is from sources deemed reliable, but should not be relied upon without independent verification.
This IDX is (c) Diverse Solutions 2017.