8 Union Bay Homes for Sale
Scroll down to view the latest 8 Union Bay homes for sale in this rural village.
Union Bay, BC is a small community of about 1200 people located approximately 9 miles south of Courtenay along Highway 19A and across from the North end of Denman Island and Sandy Island Marine Provincial Park. This unincorporated site is connected with the Union Bay Improvement District. This village now relies on shellfish taken from Baynes Sound for its economic vitality. A number of the historic buildings were relocated and restored by the Union Bay Historical Society. They can be viewed along Heritage Row just off of highway 19A. Union Bay dates back to 1887.
Union Bay was once a deep-water port that was used to load coal taken from the mines of the Union Coal Company in Cumberland. At the time, the two areas were connected by a 13 mile railway. At the peak of the operation, this area was home to about 10,000 people. The last sailing ship to carry coal out of this area left in 1946 but smaller freighters and barges continued to be used into the 1950s.
Head down highway 19A along the scenic coastline about 10-15 minutes from Courtenay and find the Union Bay area. Look out across the water and see Denman and Hornby island as you drive south. Many of the residential areas have a rural flavour to them and quite a few have views of the ocean. Worth a drive south to explore the variety that this area has to offer.
Kensington Island Properties received zoning approval in 2010 for a large scale development of their 1000 acre property. They envisage the construction of several thousand homes, marina and waterfront village, golf course and other community facilities. In 2012, the Comox Valley Regional District and the Union Bay Improvement District signed an agreement for the transfer of water supply assets and approved a water infrastructure agreement.
Below View Properties 1 - 8 of 8
- Home size: 964 sq ftLot size: 7,231 sqftListed with Royal LePage-Comox Valley (CV)
- Lot size: 2.5 acresListed with Royal LePage-Comox Valley (CV)
- Home size: 3,572 sq ftLot size: 11.03 acresListed with RE/MAX Ocean Pacific Realty (Crtny)
- Home size: 3,134 sq ftLot size: 0.42 acresListed with RE/MAX Ocean Pacific Realty (Crtny)
- Home size: 2,132 sq ftLot size: 0.36 acresListed with Royal LePage-Comox Valley (CV)
- Home size: 912 sq ftLot size: 0.36 acresListed with Royal LePage-Comox Valley (CV)
- Home size: 2,850 sq ftListed with RE/MAX Ocean Pacific Realty (Crtny)
- Home size: 2,491 sq ftLot size: 0.28 acresListed with Royal LePage-Comox Valley (CV)
The above information is from sources deemed reliable, but should not be relied upon without independent verification.
This IDX Solution is (c) Diverse Solutions 2017.